Saturday, December 12, 2009

Movie review: Invictus

This is a great inspirational movie of a great leader of all times: Nelson Mandela. The best form of revenge to an "enemy" is kindness. Mandela does epitomize that.

I could think of no one else who would have depicted Madiba almost to himself, than Morgan Freeman.

Although a bit long in duration, the movie is so captivating that time flies by and at the end of the movie, no one in the theater was in a hurry to leave their seats.

I give this movie an A for everything.

Matt Damon was a superb actor and an Oscar may be calling for both him and Morgan as well as Morgan's assistant.

I trully cherished the south African actors and actresses in the movie. Bravo RSA!

This is not just a movie about rugby, It is more than that. I am happy that the theme was not overcrowded by other themes that may have been introduced like racial related violence e.g gang rape, street violence etc.

The directors of the movie steered it to a great climax and through an exceptional story line. I felt inspired to do greater good for mankind. In the immediate period, I felt inspired to forgive all those who had wronged me.
It makes me want to be a better person instead of competing for self-righteousness.

No comments: